I have found over the years that no one in the world is more critical of me than me. It always seems that internally we are judging and talking to ourselves more harshly than the feedback we get from others. My inner critic often demands perfection , which would cause me to edit, re-do, and doubt my original efforts. Even though I always get tons of positive feedback from others, my inner critic can pick anything that I do apart in seconds
Are you your own worst critic?
What makes us tear our own selves down with internal criticism?
My guest Heidi Richards, founder and chief visionary of the WECAI network. We talked about how to tame your inner critic.
Here are some tips to help you with your inner critic:
- Be confident and comfortable with your choices, they might not be what others would choose, but that is just fine.
- Engage in positive self-talk to put that inner critic in its place and to reaffirm to yourself how wonderful you are.
- Let go of the idea of perfection, it doesn’t exist and is just a way of sabotaging yourself.
- Practice good self-care. Show your inner critic that you are a priority and worthy of your dreams!
- Give yourself a break! You inner critic and be demanding, know that it is ok to give your self a break.
Until next time, enjoy the journey to self and everything in between.
Filed under: Show Notes |