This was a great show, I talked with Elizabeth McElrath, health and wellness coach with Sonshine Health.
We discussed the importance of taking care of all areas of your life, your inner self as well as your physical self.
Tips mentioned in the show:
- Make sure you are drinking enough water. Elizabeth said that the 8 glasses we are have been told to drink is not enough. To really see the benefits of water you need to drink half you weight in ounces (for example if you weight 100 lbs that is 50 oz. of water a day)
- Find an exercise that you enjoy (walking, swimming, yoga, walking the stairs in your house, or even playing with your kids)
- Make sure that you get enough sleep (REMEMBER sugar and caffeine are not substitutes for a good night rest!) If you have problems getting your mind to stop for you to go to sleep, try meditating or a relaxation technique before bed.
- Read labels, pay attention to what you are putting in your body, even foods that advertise themselves as healthy may have chemicals and preservatives.
- Maintain your social relationships (friends and family) As complex human beings we need to maintain our relationships.
- Make yourself a priority!! You can not take care of others if you do not take care of yourself!!
- Remember to seek out professional and peer support to help you succeed in your goals!
A special thanks to writer Michelle Yisreal for calling in and talking about making time for your children!!
Until next time, enjoy the journey to self and everything in between.
Join us next Thursday (Sept. 13th at 12pm cst) when we will have Ambassador of Abundance, Carrie Gebbie joining me as we talk about connecting with your inner self.
Filed under: Show Notes |