Today’s show I was priviledged to be joined by Drs. Charles and Elizabeth Schmitz
Dr. Charles D. Schmitz has been a highly successful faculty member and administrator in higher education for 38 years. His teaching has focused in the areas of counseling psychology and leadership development. During his distinguished career, he has received some 40 local, state, and national awards and honors; published more than 200 articles, manuscripts, books and scholarly papers; delivered more than 600 public speeches, professional presentations, and workshops; and traveled throughout the world. He has appeared on radio and television, and has been frequently quoted in the print media. He received his Ph.D. degree from the University of Missouri-Columbia. He currently is Dean of the College of Education and Professor of Counseling and Family Therapy at the University of Missouri-St. Louis.
Dr. Elizabeth A. Schmitz was an award-winning administrator and educator for 36 years and has lectured in numerous college courses in counseling and leadership, since receiving her doctoral degree from the University of Missouri-Columbia. As the former chief operating officer for a large organization of more than 22,000 people (students and employees), she understands complex enterprises and human relations issues. During her career, Elizabeth received more than 25 local, state, and national awards and honors; published more than 85 articles, manuscripts and books; and delivered more than 400 speeches, workshops and presentations. She has made numerous radio appearances, been featured on television and quoted extensively in the print media on a variety of topics. She currently is president of Successful Marriage Reflections, LLC.
Highlights from the show:
- In a relationship it is important that you retain your identity.
- Being able to communicate with your partner is very important. Even the most successful relationship is not without problems and challenges, but communications makes the difference in overcoming those issues in a relationship
- Don’t let the “little things” keep adding up, be open and honest…don’t wait for the little things to become big things.
- Drs. Schmitz shared with us 7 ways to know if you are in love, one of them is trying to imagine yourself without that person in your life.
- Even the most successful marriage goes through their own trials and tragedies, being able to communicate and support each other makes the difference in surviving together or drifting apart.
Life By Design
Journey to Self on Blog Talk Radio
Drs. Elizabeth and Charles Schmitz’s Links:
Successful Marriage Reflections LLC
“Official Guides To Love” for Self Growth.com
YouTube Video Interviews about the BookMore Interviews about Book
Buy “Golden Anniversaries: Secrets of Successful Marriage”
Buys “Golden Anniversaries: Secrets of Successful Marriage” on Amazon.com
Listen to this show
The month of March is Women’s History Month and Journey to Self will be celebrating by highlighting some great but little known women that have made an impact and contribution to our world.
Our Women’s History clips were researched, written and narrated by Diane Tegarden of Fire Walker Publications, and I want to extend my sincere gratitude to Diane for collaborating with me on this project!
Next week I will be joined by Deborah Akbar as we talk about Forgiveness.
Until next time, enjoy the journey to self and everything in between.
Filed under: Show Notes | Leave a comment »